Monday, July 5, 2010

#MusEdChat Monday Discussion


I had an interesting day today.  Divided between deep cleaning of the garage in 90+ degree heat and looking into this new phenomenon in my life: the #MusEdChat discussion on Twitter and across various blogs and websites.

At 5PM I took part in the actual weekly chat of this group.  The topic was regarding the definition of a "Successful Music Teacher".  I need to find a way to archive the twitter feed so I can blog about what was said with clarity.  That may start next Monday.  It's kind of a crazy thing.  I'm not sure that I ever got my bearings.  If you've ever experienced a chat room - with the posts flying by very quickly - it was sort of like that.  Except that it was on Twitter and every post was relevant.  This made reading and digesting what was being said and responding in a timely manner difficult.  The frenetic pace was fun and definitely raised my heartrate a little.  This all aside, it was really fantastic to see so many music educators sharing in a way that showed their passion for their students, their art, and each other.  I'm excited to be a part of this.  I truly look forward with eager anticipation to the opening of the Music Professional Learning Network website on July 19th.  I'll be on the road to Utah that day, but will somehow find a way to register for the site.

Painting: Amy Sacksteder "In All Sincerity"

No comments:

Post a Comment