Monday, March 29, 2010

Renewal


American River
This is the American River near the back side of Rio Americano High School in Sacramento.  I play on Monday evenings at Rio with the Sacramento Concert Band and Tuesdays nearby with the Sacramento Symphonic Winds.  Tonight, band was cancelled so I went over to the river to look around.  

Pausing to Regain Sanity
It's important to me to have time each week to play my horn as part of a band.  Every day at work, I'm rehearsing bands - critically listening and adjusting what my students are playing.  I'm responsible for the finished product as well as the publicity, finances, inventory, etc. of the bands.  But on Monday and Tuesday nights, I'm just responsible for myself.  I can focus on playing my horn - the reason I came to love music in the first place.  I'm not saying that I don't love directing band - only that I need a place to recharge.  Community Band is where this happens.

How do you recharge when you get depleted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment